Pedestrian Accident in Massachusetts
Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Boston, Massachusetts
Pedestrian accidents can be devastating, leaving the pedestrian accident victim with severe injury or catastrophic injury that can have a lasting impact on their lives. If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Massachusetts, it is important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can fight for your rights and ensure you receive the pedestrian injury compensation you deserve.
At the Law Offices of Barry Feinstein & Affiliates P.C, our team of Boston pedestrian accident lawyers has extensive experience handling pedestrian accident cases, and we will work tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for you. If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today for a free consultation.
Why do I need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Massachusetts?
Pedestrian accidents can be extremely serious, and those who are injured often face a long road to recovery. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident, it is important to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. The right pedestrian accident attorney will fight for your rights and seek the compensation you deserve.
At the Law Offices of Barry Feinstein & Affiliates, P.C., we have over 25 years of experience handling numerous pedestrian accident case in Massachusetts. We know what it takes to win, and we will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome. We understand the challenges you are facing, and we will do everything we can to help you get through this difficult time.
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, please contact us today for a free consultation. We would be happy to review your case and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to helping you get the justice you deserve.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrian accidents often result in serious injuries or death, especially when a car hits a pedestrian at high speed. But even at lower speeds, a car can cause significant damage to a person. It’s critical for drivers or the victim to know what to do in the event of a pedestrian accident, as well as know the types of pedestrian injuries and who will be responsible for your medical bills and your legal options.
What people who have been hit by a car should do next?
Pedestrian accidents can happen anywhere, at any time. If you get hit by a car, there are some steps you should take right away to protect your health and legal rights.
- Dial 911 immediately if you’re involved in pedestrian accident, it is important to get medical help urgently
- Get contact and insurance information with the driver that hit you. If the driver is not the owner of the vehicle, obtain the owner’s contact and insurance details as well. This will help to ensure that you are able to file a claim with the appropriate insurance company.
- It is advisable not to discuss who caused the accident or who is to blame. Instead, focus on your legal options and what you can do to protect your rights.
- Call the police to the scene so they can investigate and produce a police report. This will help to ensure that all of the facts are documented and that you have a strong pedestrian accident case if you need to pursue legal action as a pedestrian accident victim.
- Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damage to the car that hit you. These proof can be helpful when filing a case and serves as evidence how badly you were injured.
- Look for withnesses to the collision, ask for their names and contact information. These witnesses can provide valuable testimony as to what they saw happen in the motor vehicle accident, whether it is a car accident, bicycle accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident, which can be crucial in establishing liability in a personal injury case. If you are unable to obtain this information at the scene, you may be able to find it through a police report or other public record.
It is important to know that you may be entitled to recover damages through a personal injury claim. And while the experienced personal injury attorney at your law office can help you navigate the process, it is generally advisable to notify your insurance company as soon as possible following the accident. Doing so will make sure you are following the rules of your policy and give the insurance company a chance to look into the claim and start working on your behalf.
Getting Medical Attention After a Car Crash
Pedestrian Accidents in Massachusetts can be complicated. If you’re in any pain or discomfort after being hit by an automobile, get medical help right away. While going to the ER is usually the best option, it’s prudent to contact your primary care provider as soon as possible. Wait no longer. Insurance adjusters (and juries) presume you weren’t seriously harmed if you didn’t seek medical assistance right away.
It’s vital for your health and legal rights that you seek proper medical care and documentation of your injuries, whether they are from mild to catastrophic injury and medical treatment. Don’t try to tough it out. The insurance companies will use any delay in seeking treatment against you. Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately all too common and can result in severe injury or wrongful death- so get the help you need, when you need it.
Types of pedestrian accident injuries
A pedestrian accident can cause mild to serious injuries, including wrongful death. Following an accident, common injuries include:
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Arms and legs were broken.
- A fractured elbow
- Dislocation of a joint
- Spinal cord injury
- Jaw and dental damage
- Nerve injury
- Brain injury or traumatic brain injury in severe cases
Who is responsible for your medical bills if you are hit by a car?
Pedestrian accidents can be devastating. Not only can they cause physical and emotional injuries, but they can also result in expensive medical bills. In most states, the individual responsible for the accident is liable for these costs. However, in Massachusetts, things work a bit differently.
Massachusetts is a no-fault state, which means that regardless of who caused the accident, PIP (personal injury protection) will cover the medical expenses. This coverage is available to anyone driving your car, living in your household, passengers in your vehicle, and pedestrians.
So if you or someone you know is involved in a pedestrian accident in Massachusetts, don’t hesitate to seek medical attention—the expenses will be covered. Following a pedestrian-motor vehicle accident, you may have the following options:
- The motor vehicle driver involved in the collision.
- The owner of the motor vehicle involved in the accident, if they are not the same as the drivers,
- The drivers’ employers if the drivers were on company business when the accident occurred.
- Anyone who caused the accident (for example, a government organization that failed to maintain a road or crosswalk light), and
- The injured pedestrian’s own auto and health insurance companies
You can always use your own health insurance to cover your medical bills. Your insurance may seek compensation from the at-fault party in the pedestrian or motor vehicle accident. Any settlement or court award you get may include a medical provider claim.
In Massachusetts, you may seek compensation from the other party if you’re severely injured. If you have been hit by a car, don’t hesitate to seek legal help or a personal injury attorney to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
What Are My Legal Options If I'm Hit By A Car?
As the injured pedestrian, you may be wondering what your options are for receiving compensation. The good news is that you can always utilize your own health insurance to cover your medical expenses. Your insurance may seek compensation from the at-fault party. Any settlement or court award from the car accident lawsuit or personal injury case may include a medical provider claim.
In Massachusetts, you may seek compensation from the other party if you’re severely injured. This includes compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. If you’ve been hurt as a pedestrian, you should talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer about your case and make sure you get the money you deserve.
Now is the time to contact our best Pedestrian Accident Attorney!
If you have been involved in a Boston pedestrian accident in Massachusetts, it is important to seek experienced legal help right away. The Law Offices of Barry Feinstein & Affiliates, P.C., have over 25 years of experience representing numerous pedestrian accident victims in Boston and throughout Massachusetts.
We have the knowledge and resources to get you the best possible outcome in your case. Contact us today for a free consultation.